Social Security Offices in Shelton, Connecticut

Social Security Offices in Shelton, Connecticut

There are no social security offices located in Shelton. Social Security offices are currently closed due to COVID-19, with appointments only being made for pressing cases. This page provides information on how to get the Social Security information you need without risking your health, along with office hours, location, phone number, pictures, driving instructions and reviews.

Closest Social Security Offices to Shelton

Social Security Office Address

This office is located at 51 North Elm St, suite 1, Waterbury, CT - 6702

This office is located at 150 Court St, giaimo fed bldg 4th fl, New Haven, CT - 6510

This office is located at 2 Shaws Cove, rm 101, New London, CT - 6320

This office is located at 475 Main Street, Ansonia, CT - 6401

This office is located at 960 Main St, 2nd floor, Hartford, CT - 6103

Social Security Office Pictures

Social Security Office Phone Number

(877) 405-4874

Social Security Office Hours With Most/Least Crowded Times

As of March 17, this office will be closed until further notice due to COVID-19. The office is still accepting mail and online applications.














"I had a good experience here. It was not the cold non-caring attitude that is sometimes reported about government agencies."
Jerry OLO - February, 2020
"Be warned just because they tell you something at the place doesn't mean that what they say is actually what it is. They will also not make it easy for you to get what you are do you will have to fight for it. And when they do make a misstatement or mistake they then tell you that they don't have time for this and basically ignore you. But at least you will get the forms you need to file it"
Jacek Radko - December, 2017
"Security guard was helpful & welcoming, the girl who helped me (Kayla) was absolutely amazing! I was really anxious coming here & the service made it worth!!!"
Taylor Lee Cioffi - June, 2019
"I have a pending case for disability. On May 5th 2019, I have to inform my cardiologist (heart doctor) if I will be able to have the bypass surgery I need. I also have lung decease, ASD (atrial ceptal defect) along with three cysts in my right knee and two in my left knee (all over one centimeter be in size) I also have three very favorable reports from my primary care doctor, my pulminary lung doctor, and stay well behavioral health. The two doctors state that I am not fit for work and stay well concours that all of my depression symptoms stem from this. I am about to be evicted from my apartment alongside my wife and there cogwheel keeps spinning. No one cares that I may have to recover from surgery under a bridge! I have had this claim pending for over a year now and still no word. Between my lawyers and the disability dept, my wife as well as myself are going to end up homeless. ThebdisaThe disability Dept will not file a direct need hardship motion on my behalf because myself and my wife are not homeless yet. I don't mind the waiting, but trying to get to talk to someone from the determination dept is useless ad you are given excuses. There own doctor who I was sent to eight months ago was worried about the clubbing in my fingers and the oxygen I am not getting to my brain. There doctors words not my own. This system is not working properly. I alongside my wife should NOT have to be kicked out of the apartment we live in because I was born with ASD (atrial ceptal defect) which is now causing my current health issues and can no longer work. I have all the medical documents needed to prove I am disabled. When my wife and myself do become homeless, nothing will change! We will live like rats in an alley somewhere close to their building and visit them every day until the issue is resolved."
Kevin Dumonski - April, 2019
"Our Local SSA office on Waterbury Connecticut is not sending me Notifications and Letters about any change. I have call and be there in person and the person in charge and manager ignored my complaints..they approved 514 per month for SSI instead the entire benefit of 750 per month and I have no idea why. This happened in January 7,2019 and I found out the benefit was approved and for only 514$ per month when the Dpt of Social Services sent me a notification letter from their office about a change on food stamps benefits due to new ssi benefit of 514$ per month but unfortunately the SSA office lack of the same professionalism. They are doing things against me in purpose due to retaliation about a past complaint about one of their co workers....I have receive zero letters and they owed me an explanation on how they decided the 514 per month based on what facts and also another letter about the money owe from SSA office, This is all illegal almost 2 months and they are supposed to send a letter explaining their decision and giving sometime to appeal If I disagree, but I dont know if I disagree or agree due to the fact they dont send me letters."
Gaudi Azimov - February, 2019

Navigating the Social Security Office during COVID-19

Today, applying for Social Security benefits or a card can usually be handled online or by phone, without needing to make an appointment at your local Social Security office. We break down the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions around navigating Social Security from home.

Which Social Security benefits am I eligible for?

Your Social Security income is made up of 3 potential benefits. Your earned benefit, your spousal benefit and your survivor benefit. The eligibility for each of these benefits depends on a number of factors including your income, marital status, and length of marriage.
Find out the benefits you are eligible for and what your income with our 2-minute quiz.
Calculate My Benefits

How do I apply for Social Security benefits?

For most people applying for benefits, you can apply online or over the phone, and skip going to the office altogether. Use a checklist to ensure you have all the information and documentation you need to apply.
SS Checklist

How do I report a death?

Funeral homes typically handle reporting of a death to the SSA. However, you will need to provide the funeral home with the deceased’s Social Security number for them to do so. Note that deaths cannot be reported online. If you want to report the person’s death yourself, call the SSA at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. You also visit your local Social Security office in person.
Our guide on Social Security survivors benefits helps to navigate your options in order to make the most of what you are owed after a death.
Guide to Survivor Benefits

How do I replace my Social Security card

If your Social Security card is lost or stolen, you can get a replacement card free of charge. Log into—or create an account on — My Social Security, and you can apply directly there. However, you will need to provide original documentation in order to create an account. Our guide explains what you need to replace the card.
Replacing My SS Card

What should I do if I get a call from a potential Social Security scammer?

Scam calls from Social Security have increased, particularly since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. These fraudsters might claim there is a problem with your Social Security account, benefits, or number. They will often solicit or demand some form of payment in exchange for resolving the problem.
If you receive a questionable call, hang up and immediately report the call directly to the Office of the Social Security Inspector General. As new scams emerge every day, it’s critical to stay informed of the latest scams in order to keep yourself and your finances safe online.
Protect Against SS Scams
Tips for Your Visit
Confirm the need to go to a physical office
Read the summary above to see if you need to go in to the office. If you are looking to get answers to questions but don’t need the office, check our FAQ.
Make an appointment!
During COVID, SS offices are not allowing walk-in traffic. Call the SSA number to the right during offices hours (7am to 7pm, Monday through Friday).
Bring your documents
You may need documents like your US passport, US birth certificate, Social Security card, divorce decree or others. See our checklist for full details depending on your situation.