Navigating Amazon’s vast marketplace comes with the assurance of convenience, selection, and competitive pricing. To further enhance your shopping experience, understanding Amazon’s return policy is key. Your satisfaction is their priority, and whether you’re exploring the latest tech gadgets or searching for the perfect gift, knowing your options when it comes to returns ensures a worry-free shopping journey. Let’s dive into Amazon’s return policy, so you can shop with confidence and peace of mind.
Never miss a return date!
Items Shipped from Amazon.com:
- Most items, including those from Amazon Warehouse, can be returned within 30 days of delivery.
- Some exceptions apply, and there are different return timelines for specific product types.
Seller Returns Policies:
- While most sellers have returns policies similar to Amazon’s, some may vary.
- Products fulfilled by Amazon Prime have the same return policies as items fulfilled by Amazon.com.
Amazon Alexa Voice Shopping:
- Non-digital products purchased using Alexa are eligible for free returns, except for Amazon Pharmacy purchases.
- Shipping charges applied to the return will be refunded.
Amazon Bulk Liquidations Store:
- Sales from the Amazon Bulk Liquidations Store are final and not eligible for return.
- Amazon-branded devices and their accessories can be returned within 30 days of receipt if they remain in the same condition.
- All returned Amazon-branded devices and accessories become Amazon’s property upon receipt.
Amazon Fresh and Grocery Items:
- Grocery items, including Amazon Fresh, and wine are not returnable but may be refundable.
- Products sold by Handmade Makers are subject to standard A-to-z Guarantee policies.
- Customized items are non-returnable but may be refunded or replaced for specific reasons.
- Amazon Photos printed products are not returnable but may be refunded or replaced.
- Amazon Pharmacy does not accept returns, except for quality-related issues or errors in orders.
- Amazon Renewed products can be returned within 90 days (or 1 year for Renewed Premium products) and qualify for free return shipping.
- Most used or open box items purchased from Amazon Warehouse and shipped from Amazon.com can be returned within 30 days.
- Defective automotive items covered by a manufacturer warranty are honored by Amazon for the life of the warranty.
- Baby items can be returned within 90 days of receipt.
- Gifts purchased from a Baby Registry can be returned within 365 days.
- Breast pumps must be returned unused in their original condition with an intact factory seal and original packaging.
- Amazon won’t refund the original shipping fees if the refund is not a result of an error on Amazon’s side of the transaction.
Clothing and Accessories:
- Clothing and accessories can be returned within 30 days.
- Items from The Drop Collections are eligible for returns with a return shipping fee deduction.
Collectibles (Sports & Entertainment):
- Collectible items valued at $35 or more must be returned using a trackable method.
- Original documentation and certificates of authenticity must be returned.
Computers and Electronics:
- New desktops, laptops, and electronics can be returned within 30 days.
- Apple Brand products have a 15-day return window.
Custom Gift List:
- Items purchased from your Amazon Custom Gift List as gifts can be returned within 90 days.
- Custom products are non-returnable but may be refunded or replaced if the product arrives damaged or materially different from what was advertised to the buyer. Things like spelling errors in custom messages are included in this!
- Games, software downloads, and purchases from digital stores (such as Kindle or Amazon Video) are generally non-returnable.
- Exceptions may apply to specific digital products.
- Fine Art items over $35 must be returned using a trackable method.
- All product packaging and certificates must be returned.
- Any Fine Art item returned without original documentation will be rejected.
- Furniture items are returnable within 30 days.
- If the item arrived damaged or otherwise defective, contact Amazon’s Customer Support for assistance.
- Gift Cards are generally not returnable.
- Hazardous materials (flammable liquid or gases, for example) are not returnable to Amazon.
Jewelry and Watches:
- Jewelry and watches over $35 must be returned using a trackable method.
- All product packaging and certificates must be returned with the product.
Live Plants or Insects:
- Live plants or insects are not returnable but may be refundable.
- Major appliances are returnable within 30 days.
- Unboxing and inspection are recommended upon delivery.
- If you see that the appliance is damaged or defective after delivery, contact Amazon’s Customer Support for assistance.
- Mattresses can be returned within 100 days if they are unopened and in their original packaging.
- Mattresses are not returnable if they are unboxed or expanded, but they are eligible for a refund.
- Pet food and similar products are not returnable to Amazon, but may be refundable. You’ll need to contact Amazon’s Customer Service to see if your purchase qualifies for a refund.
Pre-Paid Phone or Game Cards:
- Pre-paid phone or game cards are not returnable to Amazon.
Software and Video Games:
- Software and video games can be returned within 30 days, but may be subjected to up to a 100% restocking fee if the game has been activated or otherwise used.
- Televisions can be returned within 30 days of purchase, for any reason.
- TVs need to be in original box, and factory reset, meaning all personal data has been removed.
- If the item arrives damaged or defective, Amazon will provide a free return or replacement.
- Theme park tickets are generally not returnable.
Wedding Registry Items:
- Items from an Amazon Wedding Registry can be returned within 180 days if you received them as a gift.